Naphtha steam cracking process, oil refining process and methanol to olefins process produce large quantity of low value by-product streams containing C4/C5 olefins. Increasing the value of those C4/C5 olefins in by-products will significantly improve the economic efficiency of the producers. Meanwhile, propylene demand is increasing strongly under the impact of rising demand for polypropylene and propylene derivatives. Propylene is therefore believed to have a great market potential. With the impact of lighter feeds on the steam cracking plants, there is a decreasing supply of by-product propylene. Therefore the technology of on-purpose production of propylene is important.
1. High weight hourly space velocity: OCC-100 catalyst can be operated at high weight hourly space velocity.
2. Reactor size can be reduced dramatically by OCC technology so that investment and operating costs can be minimized.
3. Extraordinary stability: catalyst regeneration cycle time can reach 20 days. According to the actual conditions, regeneration cycle time can be adjusted from 3 to 20 days.
4. Good economic efficiency and low energy consumption: without any dilute in the feedstock and with the integration of high efficiency heat exchanger, OCC technology can reduce the plants energy consumption, the size of reactors and piping also can be reduced.
5. Good feedstock flexibility: C4/C5 olefins from steam crackers, refineries or MTO plants are all favorable feedstock for OCC process. OCC catalyst has good resistance to the impurities such as diolefins, sulfides and nitrogenous compounds.
6. OCC process uses adiabatic fixed bed reactor with simple structure and low investment.